Friday, November 16, 2012

Tamadi, Princess Obvious


Bär just came back from his trip. Hopefully he got the rest he needed. Since I went to my beloved Deutschland for two weeks, and お母さん to Peru for 4, it was only fair that he went for one too, and he hardly enjoys life enough as it is, the masochist he is. I was happily flipping through newspapers, pointing out exciting locations to him, and in the end, he chose Down Under. zzzz...When the exchange rate is so not in our favor (see? I did say he is a masochist).

One day at lunch, お母さん asked me, "do you think Bär is enjoying himself?"

Tut tut, お母さん how can you not understand your son?

"I am very sure, XXYY (someone else under お母さん, who was traveling with Bär) is enjoying himself. As for Bär, knowing him, I bet he is worrying about work right now."

I have been a very good girl who has not whined to him via email, sms or call (ok, there was once, but it was a very important one) despite the extremely trying time I have been having the last two weeks. I didn't feel that I did much for him while he was away, but he still "bribed" me good :D.

Here are the spoils:

First a Babushka vanity set. He put an orange one on my table first, then asked me if I liked it. He said I could choose if I didn't like the color. Ah, the advantages of first dibs. So naturally I grabbed the whole set, there were 5 and observed them intently. He had bought red, orange, blue, green and black. I actually liked the black and blue ones more, and the black one most, like I said to him, but in the end I chose the red one. He was puzzled on why. Can you guess?

Tut tut. You are not very observant, Bär. Only the red one has blonde hair (circled blue). Of course, I then had to look out for my own *censored*. So I chose the black and blue for them, and said to Bär, "please give *censored* these two colors."

He also got me chocolates. Being not a big Schokolade fan, I noted that the box was pretty and put it aside and continued working. Some dude came over to borrow a pen and exclaimed, "wah, you got chocolates ah?!"
high class ozzie schokolade bonbons
I gestured at the box and said "help yourself."

He wanted to open the box but then suddenly stopped and walked off. I was huh?

"What's wrong?" 

He replied. " These chocolates look like the kinds that you choose before they put into the box. The atas kind."

I looked askance at Bär who was watching on. Wirklich?

He said, yeah. That's when I picked up the box for a closer look. I always thought it is very luxurious and extravagant to choose your own schokolade bonbons, and being a very tight pussy, I don't ever buy those. Not even B1 buys those for me. Wah.

I opened the box and asked the dude to choose one. It is quite polite of him to not just open the box himself, but he could have just explained before walking off. Anyway that's why the box only have 7 bonbons on this layer.
And lastly,

You know how when you walk on the street sometimes, you bump into someone that you think you know, but you cannot place where you know him from? Then you just keep staring at the person, nonplussed?
Those bloggers are right, the best angle are those photos taken at the middle of your body
This was what happened to me, when Bär gave me this pink bear the day before, when he came back to see the *censored*, even though he was still on leave. He had asked me before he went on what he could get me. I said a German kinderbuch, or a stuffed toy. Bär said he went to a few places, even Kinokuniya (they have branches in Australia!!) but they didn't sell German books, other than the usual language learning nonsense. He said he didn't want to get me the cliché stuffed Australian animal toy (actually I would have liked a kookabaru bird, to complete my collection of wombat, kangeroo, and koala), so he deliberately chose a pink (yes, the pink color was deliberate :D) bear.

For the rest of the day and even yesterday, I kept looking at her and wondered which anime did I see her from? She looks horribly familiar, like some terrible Chinese cartoon character... Hmm. I even asked *censored* when she came to bring me *censored* to look over, whether she recognized my bear. She said she looked familiar but nope...

Anyway I forgot her on Thursday when I was rushing to go off, so I am pretty sure the rats and cockroaches have molested her overnight. I brought her home to be washed last night. When I got into the car, I eagerly showed her off to B1, who explained, "wah, so pink!"

"Yup. Her name is Tamadi, Princess Obvious." I was in a foul mood because of what I was working on. Tamadi is a Anglicized form of "他妈的"(Damn it, fuck in Chinese). Phonetically Tamade would be more accurate. 

I asked B1, doesn't she look familiar? He said yeah, even though he couldn't place her either. He teased "how do you know she is a girl?"

Well, she is pink, has a bow on her head and the words "pink bear" written on her paw, talk about stating the obvious. Anyway I still couldn't figure out where I saw her before until...

I was writing out Xmas cards while watching my favorite Korean drama, when I suddenly realized where I saw her from.

She was printed on the pretty stationery someone gave me before! Yup, her name is definitely Pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails