Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sho Teppan - Stiring fun!

Three times I came to this joint, and I finally have a camera, albeit the dark side iPhone camera (that's why quality is pretty shit). I must say that of all the restaurants owned by creativeeateries, this is the one I like most, though the Sentosa nightscene view from Shabuya is very nice.

It's cheap, it's fun. I could eat this all day long whenever I am at Ion. You can skip the sides like the sake sashimi (cut from defrosted salmon, I believe my portion was freezer burnt, see the darker tinge in the photo below. Talk about tasting "sublime" *haha*). I guess the winning part about this place is that you can cook the food yourself, or ask the waiters to do it for you. There's teppanyaki, sukiyaki or shabu shabu options. There is also a range of meats, of differing qualities, you can choose from. We ordered the Wagyu beef and Kurobuta pork teppan (since B1 was around, might as well hit him up, haha. Otherwise I would have gone for the yaki udon, which I love too). However it's VERY OILY.






In a nutshell:
Sho Teppan
ION Orchard
2 Orchard Turn, #B3-19 (around the corner near BK)
Food Quality: Teppan and yaki udon are oily but delicious. Its Shabu shabu is ok (ate previously). Skip sides, freezer burn, also very small (their Chuka Lidako is very sad). Portions bearable, ok for teenagers and women, not for big eaters.
Price: Great!
Service: Not bad, quite pro. Not that friendly in the face, but what do you expect for the prices? At least they are very polite.
I will still go back, because it is fun, and I can't do it at my dining table without stinking up the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails