Friday, April 29, 2011

Simply Beautiful - I celebrate Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding with an Englisch tea

Aw... wasn't it a beautiful wedding?

If not for the mildly annoying irritation from work (phone calls and emails), which made me miss the part where Kate Middleton alight from the car. The second I saw that dress, I instantly knew it drew inspiration from another famous princess's wedding dress, i.e. the late Princess Kelly, when she married Prince Rainier. That other dress became very famous because of its simple elegance and modesty. 

I must admit I was a bit turned off by the fact that it looked so similar to Princess Kelly's. Sigh. I was expecting something modest, but not something so lacking creativity...

I was so excited by the event that I took half day leave and carried my laptop home with me to continue working. I had bought some cakes, so you can imagine how deadly exhausted I was hauling all that nonsense home. Only the expectant thrill from watching the wedding lent my leaden feet strength.

Mutter and I consumed some of the cakes with some lovely English tea. What a perfect afternoon, if not for work and my Vater mocking at the entire event (he was very determined to ruin the entire experience) *roll eyes*.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails